In November 2014 we ran a street art campaign, This is Now, led by Louis Masai, an artist committed to bringing environmental awareness to people through his street installations. He brought to life extinct UK species and highlighted the growing threats faced by much-loved species, such as the hedgehog and house sparrow. His campaign was designed to bring awareness of The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species home.
Louis painted a series of murals around London which included:
- Common crane – successfully reintroduced after UK Extinction
- Orange spotted emerald (dragonfly) - Extinct
- House sparrow – on the brink of Extinction in the city
- Lynx – possible reintroduction from Extinction
- Gudgeon – invasive species
- American bullfrog – Invasive species
- Scorpion – invasive species
- Hedgehog – on the brink of Extinction nationally
- Stag beetle – Vulnerable but still has strongholds in South East England
- Parakeet – Invasive species
We are really excited to announce that our short documentary 'This is Now' is finished and has been selected for the Sheffield Film Festival! This is Now follows Louis Masai as he painted a series of murals across London. The film was produced by Jo Crow and Laura Miller and Directed by Toby Madden. Music is by Cosmo Sheldrake.
Please check out the full film below!