There were 19 speakers and workshop leaders, 15 partner organisations, a facilitation team of 18 (9 experienced and 9 youth facilitators), 7 rooms and 130 participants in total. We had meditation, drumming, singing, dancing, stories, jelly babies, a yurt and closing circle in which young people performed theatrical spoken word pieces fearlessly.
Here’s what some of them said:
- I’ve never been to anything like it before, and look forward to there being another event like this!
- The event was well organised and well held, everyone I spoke to had the same experience, they felt as if they were involved with something very alive, the feeling of being drawn together to make a difference, and that we could, was very palpable. It was also great fun, the event just seemed to bring out the best in everyone.
- The key words I took away from my workshop last night were: HOPE, JOY, TOGETHERNESS AND EMPOWERMENT!
- It was so well done and so inspiring, creative, fun and engaging. Everyone working on the event were just fun, helpful and kind. It was just perfect.”
- My sixth form students were really inspired by hearing some of the life stories and tales of the speakers and really enjoyed the workshops too. The chance to be creative but purposeful was I think, very powerful for some of them… some of the students were telling me that it was the best field trip ever and do they do this every year?
We hate to disappoint, so the answer is likely to be a resounding YES!
Watch this space meanwhile to find out what we’re doing next!